We have published this data protection guide to ensure that our members are fully informed on what data we hold and how it is used.
Generally we receive information directly from members. The amount of data held will vary according to professional status and employment situation.
For What Purpose Do We Use Your Information?
- To provide you with necessary communications , eg EGM notices
- To administer your membership
- To provide you with member benefits
- To provide you with details of relevant events, publications etc
- To administer professional services
- To monitor CPD compliance
- To administer professional conduct issues
Limited Use of Data
We do not pass any of your personal data to outside organisations and/or individuals, except with your express consent.
We undertake that we will have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security. We undertake that we will:
- Not hold information about you which is excessive in relation to the purpose(s) for which it is used
- Not keep information for any purpose longer than is necessary
- Process your information in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights include:
- Access to personal data. You may request by writing to the address above, details of the information that we hold about you and the purpose for which it is held.
- You are entitled to require us to stop using information about you for the purposes of direct marketing. Direct marketing means the communication of any advertising or marketing material which is directed to you.
Who Has Access to Your Data?
Officers and staff of QSi have access and are only permitted to make changes to our central membership database when they are trained.
We do not capture or store any personal information about individuals who access this website on a non-member basis.
Third party Websites
Changes to this Policy